Drupal Videos and Drupal Themes portal
DrupalCon SF 2010: Developing Apps for iPhone/iPad/Android using drupal
With launch of iPad and NexusOne - iPhone/Android application market can't be ignored. Both these technologies has great potential to use our existing web based tools such as drupal.
You can totally use drupal to manage/update your iPhone/Android native application.
Some iPhone/drupal stuff I wrote in past at: http://civicactions.com/blog/sumit
This session is about building native iPhone/iPad/Android applications using opensource web based technologies (http://www.appcelerator.com) with drupal as base system to manage: content, users, views, permissions etc.
What will be covered
* An introduction to Titanium Framework to develop iPhone/Android apps using web technologies like HTML5 and jQuery etc
* Introduction to ServicesAPI and web standards [json,xmlrpc]
* How to manage your application's data (content, tables, views, users, menus, taxonomy etc) using drupal.
* We will build a live app ... introduce you to some code here (ServicesAPI, YQL, jQuery and Titanium API)
* Demo of some apps we build for Android and iPhone platforms